QI projects are a great opportunity to gain practical experience in a health care setting. It gives a chance for students to practice quality improvement and patient safety in a year-long project with a student team led by a project champion in a healthcare organization. We give students access to resources that increase their understanding of quality improvement and patient safety, match students with a project and a health care champion, oversee the progression of the project and provide interdisciplinary team networking.
- Learn from champions in quality improvement
- Work on a project with a group of 5-6 students
- Apply quality improvement frameworks and tools to address a real-world health care issue
- Create a project charter
- Research ideas for change
- Manage and test your change implementations through the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) cycle
- Present your QI project at the annual Quality Improvement and Patient Safety (QuIPS) conference in May
The completion of IHI QI project is equivalent to an IPE Green credit.
Quality Improvement Projects applications are due October 1st, 2016 11:59pm.
Please contact qi@utihiopenschool.